Are Arrowhead Plants Toxic To Dogs?

Are you worried about the safety of your little dog at home? Do you think that your dog could be chewing on something it should not be chewing on? In this case, you might want to find out about the various plants and flowers in your home. Some of them can be quite toxic for your dog, but others are perfectly safe. Arrowhead plant is one of the toxic plants .

Arrowhead plants are beautiful houseplants that like bright indirect light and moist soil. Originally from Africa, they have a trailing habit and can produce spikes of white flowers. You are wondering if the arrowhead plant is toxic to dogs or not. If so, here’s everything you need to know about the toxicity of this plant.

Are arrowhead plants toxic to dogs?

Yes, arrowhead plants are toxic to dogs. If you have any dog as a pet, you should avoid having this plant in your home. Arrowhead plants contain insoluble calcium oxalates, which can cause oral irritation, excessive drooling, vomiting, and difficulty swallowing if ingested.

Many houseplants are toxic to dogs in varying degrees, and if ingested, your beloved animals may get very sick. However, plants can be a healthy addition to your home with proper safety precautions. There are many non-toxic, pet-safe plants out there that you can safely grow in your home and around your dogs.

About Arrowhead Vine

Arrowhead vine is a very popular houseplant that is easy to care for. It can grow up to 10 feet in height. It has beautiful white and purple flowers, which make it a great addition to any room or part of the house. However, there are some things that you need to know about this plant.

What Is Arrowhead Vine?

Arrowhead vine is also known as American evergreen and Syngonium podophyllum. It is an evergreen plant that grows very quickly. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. When grown outdoors, it can reach up to 10 feet in height. When grown indoors, it will grow slower and will not get as tall as when grown outdoors.

It is a very low-maintenance flowering plant that does not require much care when grown indoors. All you need to do is water this plant once a week during summertime and every two weeks during wintertime.

Leave a Comment